The YouTube is a video sharing website started by a small team and later acquired by the Google. People use YouTube to have fun, learn things, keep updated, promoting videos, creating brands, market products & services etc.
3. Website ranking vs Video ranking: Ranking websites on Google are very tough and it might take several months just to see the website in the Google search results for high traffic keywords. But ranking YouTube videos are very simple. By properly optimizing the video, you can rank YouTube videos within hours both in YouTube search and Google search. So, there are chances to get double the traffic and double profit if you start the YouTube channel. People prefer to see videos than reading articles from the websites.
4. Get your videos listed on recommended links: Apart from getting traffic from the search results, YouTube videos get high traffic only from the recommended videos listed on the sidebar on the desktop and given as a list on the smartphones. You must build the trust & brand and make visitors engage on your videos for a long time to make YouTube recommend your videos to the users when they watch videos of other channels. This can generate ten times more traffic compared to the organic traffic. Usually, this is impossible for websites to get such traffic.
5. User engagement: YouTube search engine is different from the Google search engine. While Google ranks websites and videos* majorly based on the authority, the YouTube ranking majorly depends on the user engagement over the video. Your video must make the users stay for more time, this is the white hat way to rank the videos on YouTube which might take some days. While everyone can create great videos, not all great videos are ranked on YouTube.
6. Building authority: Though YouTube considers user engagement and user experience as one of the major ranking factors, building authority to your channel and videos can help you to rank your videos permanently on the YouTube and Google search. When most of the videos are equally good, then the backlinks will help you to rank the videos higher on the search engines.
7. Social presence: The social presence is very important when it comes to YouTube to generate free traffic and authority. Share your videos in the social medias and if your video(s) is good it can go viral and bring thousands of visitors on the same day. This will help you to earn thousands of dollars in one day. Make use of the social media power to increase traffic, gain authority, earn money and to rank videos on the search engine(s). However generating traffic from social medias does not work for videos of most category and works great for entertainment and fun videos.
8. Building brand: Building the brand is very important in both online and local business. The same applies to the YouTube channels. You must consistently build the brand by proper marketing, optimization, high-quality content so that people directly flood into your channel. You don’t have to worry about the search traffic which will vary regularly as per algorithm changes. As said in the beginning part choose a brand name for your channel instead of general name targeting keywords.
9. Increase the number of subscribers: The subscribers and social media followers are very important to get repeated/regular visitors to watch the new and existing videos. Ask the visitors to like, comment and subscribe to your channel and also ask them to follow your channel on the social medias. Whenever a new video is posted the YouTube will notify the subscribers to view the new video posted. If you have 10000 subscribers, at least 25% – 50% will watch your new videos. Also, you can share the URL in your fan page to invite the followers to watch your video. By this way, you can make more than $100 whenever you post a new video.
10. Create an active community: People will start commenting videos both negatively and positively. You must respond all the comments to build a community. Visitors trust content with the comments than content without comments. This is more important when you do affiliate marketing on the YouTube. Creating active community will grow your channel to great heights.
11. Frequency of posting videos: Post videos in regular intervals. Initially try, to post one or two videos per day and then maintain a frequency of one video per day. Later you can post one or two videos per week. Do not leave your channel without posting videos for over a month. Do not compromise on the quality of the videos.
12. Relationship with YouTubers: As an owner of the YouTube channel, you must create the relationship with other channels to build your YouTube channel. By helping mutually, you have the chance to grow the channel quickly.
13. No Invalid activities, No shortcuts: If you wish to succeed, never follow any shortcuts. For a long-term success, you must follow work hard to create quality content and to grow audience base. Similarly, do not ask or encourage visitors to do invalid activities like fake leads, invalid clicks etc to earn more money. Doing so you might loose the partnership with the advertisers.
14. Custom thumbnails: The custom thumbnails are the most important feature that you must create yourself in order to generate traffic. Unlike websites, people click video only after seeing the thumbnails. So you must create custom thumbnails and add to your video instead of leaving the auto-generated thumbnails. 90% of traffic totally depends on the thumbnails.
15. Eye catching title: The title is more important than the thumbnail which is the one seen first by both the YouTube users and the search bots. Visitors look at the thumbnail only after seeing the title. The title must be eye catching and must contain the keywords to get ranked and clicked. Surprising titles with a custom thumbnail have more chances to be watched than the unoptimized titles.
16. Create playlists: Create playlists after posting 10 or more videos to make it easier for the visitors to find the old content and to increase the chances to watch more videos to increase views and money generated by the videos.
17. Make use of the online services: Everything cannot be done by yourself. In such case, you can make use of the paid online services to complete simple work for you. The Fiverr is the best sites to higher freelancers to get whatever services you want.
Things to do after starting the YouTube Channel:
- Verify your phone number to add custom thumbnails to your videos and to add videos that are more than 15 minutes.
- Add channel art, logo and thumbnails. Give a detailed title that should contain the base keywords and description which should explain your channel.
- Add a trailer video if possible. The trailer video must be short and should explain what is your channel about.
- Then add your first video. Proceed!
Hope now you’ve got an idea how to start a YouTube channel to earn more money. Follow the tips and you will definitely start making tons in the future. Starting a blog is a complex process and making it big is really tougher than starting. But in the case of YouTube, everything is user-friendly and it will be like using a social media account.
I highly recommend you to take the following course(s) where you can learn how to create, rank and earn money on YouTube from A – Z with few days. Also, you will be given instructions how to use free tools to optimize the videos etc. If you start directly, you might get stuck every second but that doesn’t mean you will fail.