Fitness training business from home – Most of the people in the world has become aware of the importance of fitness. Fitness training, supplements, weight training has become one of the world’s largest business. It has been estimated that the fitness freaks around the world spend over billion dollars to make them fit to show off in their society. These fitness freaks are the business seeds. Becoming a fitness trainer is definitely the best business to consider if you’re looking to start a business from home. Fitness training needs certain qualifications and personal fitness. Here is how you can start the personal training business from home and gym to earn money working parttime or fulltime.
What is personal training?
- The personal fitness training is the process of assisting a person to sculpt their body according to their needs.
- The person who offers personal training services is called as the personal trainer.
- The personal physical training will not be the same for all the clients. Instead, the training differs based on the age, sex, health condition of the person who receives personal training.
Types of personal training to be offered:
I’m an experienced guy in the fitness industry; training my body for over 5 years. I’ve been training many starters in my gym, however, I don’t have a professional certificate to be a fitness trainer. My brother is a professional fitness trainer and he earns $1000 per month working as a part-time fitness trainer from home. I know each and everything about fitness and gym and how profitable is the fitness business. I will guide you through this article to become a personal fitness trainer to start the business from home.
Here are the types of fitness training offered by the fitness training professionals.
General Fitness training at home:
- Most of the fitness clients hire fitness trainers for general fitness to live a healthy life. This type of training does not involve in heavy workouts. Instead, simple training will be added to the person’s daily schedule to protect him from diseases, fat, pain generation due to heavy work pressure.
- Long distance walking, less intensive cardio, minimum weightlifting, stretching are some of the training provided under the general fitness.
- General fitness training will be provided by the fitness trainer mostly in the home, playground or similar places.
Intense Cardio training:
- The intense cardio training is the advanced training for people who are looking to tone their muscles to look better rather not only training for health like they do it in general training.
- The workouts which are proven to increase the rate of heartbeat is called as cardio workouts. Yoga, Running, jogging, sprint, cross-fit training, endurance training are the part of cardio.
- Starting the cardio workout needs the body to be fit for the workout to prevent injuries.
- Cardio training is performed both on the field and the gym. Cardio training will improve the endurance, strength, burn fats and make the person fit and professional.
Weight lift training:
- The weightlifting training is specially made for the bodybuilders who are looking to build their structure and muscles.
- There are different types of weightlifting training for bulk muscles, lean muscles, aesthetic etc.
- The trainer must be well aware of the repetitions, weights, workouts to sculpt the body according to the needs of the clients.
Importance of knowledge in human anatomy & fitness training:
- The fitness training is not a child’s play. It is important that a fitness trainer should have complete knowledge about the human body and it’s working.
- The first important thing in fitness training is muscles and its mobility. The trainer should know how to work each muscle in the human body and how to recover when there is a tear or injury happens.
- The knowledge about the spine and it’s mechanical working is very important. The vertebrae, intervertebral discs and the muscles holding the joints play a significant role when a person works out. Improper usage of these will lead to chronic pain in the back.
- The trainer should be aware of training people at different ages according to the body conditions. The trainer should be able to analyze the strength, endurance of the trainee and should improve the necessary factors before testing their patience.
- Producing results for the clients under certain time period is very important. Overtraining and under training is not going to help for a five-star rating.
- Know the difference between the men, women, and children. All the three have different body types and should be trained accordingly.
Requirements to become a personal fitness trainer:
These are some of the requirements to become a professional personal trainer and to start a personal training business at home. The requirements might vary according to the country where you’re going to start the personal training business.
Certification and education:
- In most of the countries around the world, it is mandatory that a physical trainer should have completed the certification course or a college degree related to physical training.
- Sports based people would have already completed a college degree. But for the experienced person without any certification, it is advised to complete a 6 months certification course to become the personal trainer.
- Before starting a personal fitness training individually, it’s recommended to work in a gym or fitness program to get experience as a fitness trainer.
- Start the fitness training career as a subordinate trainer to gain knowledge from the head trainer.
- The experience certificate will add value to your profile in the personal fitness training business.
- Timing is really important when it comes to fitness training. Even if you’re an experienced fitness trainer, the poor time management is going to affect your business.
- It is required to spend at least a 30 minutes to an hour for the client for fitness training. Few clients might ask for flexible timing each day based on their job or business.
- Personal trainers need powerful time management to succeed since they have got very little time each day i.e. the morning session and the evening session.
- Previously the basic types of fitness training program offered has been explained. The fitness trainer should showcase them as a specialist in a specific training instead of being a general trainer.
- Analyse the area of specialization beyond general fitness training to display in your profile.
Create a portfolio – be your own advertisement:
- Show your presence by creating a portfolio in social media like Instagram, Facebook and if possible hire a web developer to start a business website.
- Nobody is going to care about you if you are not fit. Make your body fit, perform in a photo shoot, build your portfolio to attract clients.
- Clients will find the trainer authentic only if they have something to showcase. It is proven that trainers with the fittest body are hired by the unknown clients without reference.
- Usually, personal training services are provided at home by the client, private place, gym etc.
- The trainer should prepare himself to avail services to the clients based on their requirements.
How to start the personal fitness training business from home:
Here are some of the tips to start the personal training business from home to earn money part time or full time.
- The first step to decide to implement a personal training business is whether it is going to be a full-time business or a part-time business.
- Many physical trainers work part-time as a small business to earn money part-time as teens or part-timer businessman.
- Part-time business usually does not require a business registration and can be operated in some business name.
- In the case of a full-time fitness training business, it is advised to register a business to make it professional and open an office to talk business with clients.
Business and indirect tax registration:
- The part-timers do not have to worry about the indirect taxes, while the full-time personal fitness training business should.
- Starting a business, it is important to file indirect taxes each month by generating the invoice to the clients.
- Usually, the fitness training comes under the service tax. Check out for the minimum transaction required to file indirect taxes in your country to avoid penalty.
Marketing the business:
- Business marketing is important to the starters. With zero client base, the marketing helps to reach out to the potential clients in and around the area.
- Distributing mini brochures, making use of free advertising & paid advertising, classified ads, personal reference are some of the best ways to reach people who are in need of training.
- As said earlier it will be better if you own a business website and custom email in your marketing tools to express professionalism.
Social media presence:
- The social media is the best medium for the starters to promote their business. Make use of fan pages and groups in the social media to post your business. Take time to search the groups with the targeted fan base and post your business in every place. Do not spam social media in the name of promoting the business.
- In the case if you have some money to invest, paid social media ads is the best way to easily reach the potential customers. For instance, running an ad campaign in the Facebook will automatically promote your business to the Facebook users who are searching for personal trainers in your area.
- Social media are known as the killer promotional medium which can increase the client base at rocket speed.
- The online marketplace is the easiest way to promote the business and interact with the potential clients within a day.
- The online marketplaces are the website/app created just to connect the business and customers. By creating a profile in the online marketplace under the fitness category, the business/personal training profile will be displayed in front of thousands of potential clients who are in hurry to hire personal fitness trainers.
- The online marketplaces will approve only the authentic business or individual to be listed. Make sure to produce all the certificates, documents required to process the profile.
- Once the profile is approved, you might have to pay subscription fees or credits to list your business. Based on the plan you will be able to interact with up to an unlimited number of clients.
Friends, colleagues & family:
- Tell your friends and family regarding your personal fitness training business. This information will be passed on to many unknown people.
- The third party will gain confidence in your training since your business is referred by their close friends. So, the chances of getting hired as a trainer increase up to 90%.
How to improve your client base at maximum rate:
- You might receive a notification from the first lead/client after marketing your business in the ways mentioned above or in some other way.
- The first step is to explain your training plans to the client. The client will find out if you’re capable of making a change in their body by analyzing your explanation.
- You must be able to answer each and every question asked by the client and explain to them how your training plan will bring a change in them.
- Mostly, the client will hire the trainer(s) who are tend to be very knowledgeable.
- Don’t hesitate to offer the new clients with free trial training classes.
- When a client requests for a demo, give them free training for a day or few days based on their requirements.
- Offering a free demo training will build the confidence over your business and creates chances to maintain a long-term relationship.
- Timing is one of the most important factors in the fitness industry. Most of the clients will prefer the morning sessions, while the homemakers, work from home moms will prefer pre-noon sessions.
- Time management is very important to acquire a large client base. However, do not overcrowd the client base instead limit to a certain number which you can manage with full attention.
Alternate training days:
- Most of the top trainers will train their clients only 3 to 4 days per week. If you’re not going to train the client daily, you may use the alternate day to deal with another client.
- By this way, the client base can be doubled which of course doubles the income.
- As the business grows, it’s a good idea to appoint subordinate trainers to take care of new clients.
- Hire trainers for your business and pay them for handling the clients. However, it is wise to handle the billing yourself or using the finance department.
Billing section and management:
- Physical trainers charge their clients in pay per day, weekly, or monthly basis. Mostly, it is going to be on monthly basis.
- Raise invoice on the due date to get paid and to enjoy the tax credits. To manage too many clients it is recommended to hire a finance professional to handle billing and management section.
- Fitness training is all about diet and without a proper diet it is impossible to gain or lose weights.
- A good fitness trainer should be able to provide a effective diet plan to their clients according to their body conditions.
- Fitness trainer should be aware of types of protein, fats, carbs, acids, etc. to be a perfect diet manager.
- It is recommended for the fitness trainers to pursue a diploma course in the diet which might take 6 months to complete. This course will help the trainers to master the diet management.
Pros and cons of personal fitness training business:
- Fitness industry will never see a decline for a century. So, fitness training ensures job security.
- Fitness training business is the easiest business which can fetch more money.
- Fitness training brings job satisfaction.
- Fitness training is easier and enjoyable if the trainer knows the techniques of fitness, bodybuilding etc.
- Virtual training is a great way to earn money from home.
- The fitness trainer itself can stay fit.
- Fitness training = More competition; only best can survive.
- It’s going to take a while to find the first potential client and to grow the client base.
- The fitness trainer needs to stay fit in his/her career.
- The irritation of handling bitter situation few clients create for no reason.
- Need to show result within the specified period of time. No results; no clients.
- It’s tough to manage time and keep up with the schedule.
- Should keep up with trends to sustain in the business. This applies to all types of business.
- The trainer is responsible for the trainee’s injury.
As the technology grows…..
Virtual fitness training:
- The virtual training has become a trend in the fitness industry. As the technology is growing so does the business trends, top trainers use Skype to the similar app to train the clients virtually through the computer.
- Virtual training is the technique handled by the busy trainers who got less time to manage clients. Usually, top trainers in the industry get the chance to work virtually.
Use the latest fitness gadgets:
- Using the fitness gadgets in fitness training to show spot results to clients will help the clients to understand what happens in their body.
- Using the fitness gadgets are said to keep the person motivated for a while.
- The existing clients will refer more clients to your business if you can show the magic.
- The fitness trainer should be able to handle the injuries of the clients that happen during the physical training.
- The trainer should be able to diagnose the problem and give first aid before taking the client to the hospital.
- Completing a short physical therapy course is recommended for the trainers. It helps to learn the working of muscles, bones, and joints.
Additional income in fitness training business:
- Recommending protein supplements, steroids*, pills through referral program will help you to earn some good amount of money.
- Health and nutrition companies offer supplements in discount rates for the fitness trainers. Make use of it to earn money by referring supplements to your clients. However, the product should be completely authentic.
Time to start…..
Hope now you would have got an idea about fitness training and how to earn money starting personal fitness training business. Start your fitness training career today and earn thousands of dollars.