- To understand the process of SEO, the working of search engines must be understood.
- The search engines work by crawling the web properties on the internet, indexing it in its server and deliver when a user searches a term.
- The search engine bots or the search algorithm takes care of all the process of crawling, categorizing, filtering, indexing, delivering etc.
- For example, when a user searches “How to drive the car”. The search engine will display processed result from its index to the searcher related to learning to drive cars, driving school etc. The search engine user will get thousands of results while searching where he will choose the best website to refer using his Human intelligence.
How SEO works:
- The search engines value a website based on its authority, user experience, quality content and several other factors before ranking it in search results. As the internet started to grow so do the spam and spammers. Search engines work hard for its users eliminating spams to deliver the best.
- So, the website owners and companies optimize their website(s) in order to make it search engine friendly.
- The search engines like Google has strict rules for the websites that are listed in the SERP. The websites should pass all the restrictions in order to get listed in the SERP.
- Few important factors of SEO to emphasize are the content quality, authority, user experience etc. The website must satisfy all these factors in order to make the website search engine friendly.
- The work of SEO is to optimize all the essential factors of the websites to make it visible positive in the eyes of search engines.
A brief explanation about different SEO process:
On-page SEO: The On-page SEO is the process of optimizing the website and its content search engine friendly. Creating quality content, user-friendly web design, easier navigation, keyword density checking are the part of On-page SEO. The SEO specialist and the webmaster will have a full control in addressing the On-page issues. On-page SEO is the simplest part of the SEO process yet time-consuming.
Off-page SEO: The Off-page SEO is the technical part of SEO yet the easiest one if mastered. Off-page SEO deals with basic link building, digital marketing, social media marketing in basic and penalty recovery, high authority link building, keyword analysis in advanced. Most of the SEO business work on Off-page SEO to rank their client’s web property. In Off-page SEO the specialist won’t have full control in addressing Off-page issues.
Things really needed to become an SEO specialist:
- SEO is a simple yet vast ocean in digital marketing. It is necessary to get experienced. Reading it as a theory is not going to help even a bit. SEO is maths and need a lot of practice and case studies.
- A person who already manages his own websites or blogs that has achieved a good SERP for medium competition key phrase has a good experience.
- So, start a blog and implement your SEO knowledge to test your ability to positively affect the SERP.
- Make a case study on different factors of the SEO that influences SERP. Make use of SEO tools and analytics tools to calculate the progress.
- Work pool brings more experience than individual researches. Working in a digital marketing company can help to accumulate knowledge in SEO techniques from co-workers very quickly. Passing on the knowledge plays a primary factor in this although it is not necessary if you’ve not been in an SEO company previously.
- Once you’re confident enough to manage everything on your own, yes you’re then ready to start an SEO business already.
FAQs about SEO businesses:
1. Do I need to know each and everything about SEO to start?
The answer will be NOPE! You don’t need to know everything about SEO to start SEO business unless you’re going to manage the entire website of your client. So what? Go for branches i.e. private blog networks(against SE webmaster policies), keyword analysis, guest posting, social media marketing etc.
2. Do I need to invest to start SEO business?
No, you don’t need a investment to start an SEO business. However, if you’re going to start SEO agency, you might have to spend a few hundred dollars to subscribe, buy paid SEO tools which work better than the free tools.
3. How much time do I need to invest in SEO business?
The time you need to invest will be based on the number of & the type of SEO projects you work on. Usually, working on guest posts, PBN, link building using own web network is not going to cause any time investment. However advanced SEO is going to melt down some precious hours.
4. Is SEO business is good for beginners?
How to start the SEO business to work from home:
This section helps the beginners to start SEO business to work from home part-time to earn money. Any beginners can start their SEO career to achieve the goal of organizing an SEO agency.
1. Fiverr SEO gig seller:
- Starting an SEO service seller business in Fiverr is the best idea for beginners to take the first step.
- The Fiverr is the digital marketplace where digital products and services are sold in an organized environment.
- Digital marketing, SEO are two major part of this marketplace where thousands of sellers sell various SEO products and offer SEO services.
- Plan ahead regarding the type of SEO services you’re going to offer to the client. Create a gig, give an informative description regarding the services. The description should be enough to understand how much knowledge a seller has.
- Take time to market your gig. It might take some time to attract a potential client. Answer each question asked by the client cooly. Deliver what you’ve promised and you’re on your way to success.
- If you’re new to Fiverr, use this article to learn how to make money on Fiverr from scratch.
2. Make use of potential SEO marketplaces:
- There are several SEO Marketplaces, similar to Fiverr. These sites only offer the service of selling and buying the SEO services and products.
- Without limiting to Fiverr, just expand your business to SEO marketplaces such as SEOclerks.
- Just go through the presentation of successful SEO service sellers over there. Use the strategy to attract buyers.
3. Attract clients on Freelance sites:
- The Freelance sites are the great source to find clients who are looking for SEO services.
- The freelance sites are somewhat different from the sites like Fiverr. Usually, in the Freelance sites, the client will post a job with a set of requirements. Potential freelancers can apply for the freelance job by submitting a proposal.
- The clients will go through the portfolio of the Freelancer and approve the proposal if he gets satisfies with the profile and portfolio.
- Similarly, the clients will hire the top-rated professionals on the freelance site on the pay per project basis or hourly, weekly basis.
- Top freelancers earn up to $100/hour on the freelance sites. So, the freelance sites are the great source to find the clients for your SEO business since freelancers compete worldwide the survival of the fittest applies in the freelance sites.
- The freelance sites also allow the SEO companies to be part of their community. A lot of SEO companies take orders from the Freelance sites. So, as you develop, the freelance sites will be still useful to find one perfect job. The Upwork is one of the authentic freelance sites in the world.
How to start a local SEO agency to work with local and international clients:
- Starting a local SEO agency is for the advanced SEO professionals and there is no margin for error because you might become a joke.
- The local SEO business can be started at home or an office can be rented to make it more professional for the clients.
- Based on the procedure applicable in your country register the business name and apply for indirect tax.
- There are several ways to attract clients other than waiting for the walk-in clients. Google Adwords is the greatest quality advertising tool to attract potential customers locally and internationally.
- Create a website with information related to your SEO services and add some portfolio. Do not add the price of the services and it is recommended to make the clients fill the lead page so that you can contact the potential client for a higher success rate.
- Fix an appointment and meet the client or may them approach you in your office. Give them a clear explanation of what you’re going to offer in your SEO services and don’t hesitate to offer discounts if they bargain.
- In the case of the international customers, provide them with enough details to prove that your business is authentic.
- Make use of pro features of the Freelance marketplaces listed above to attract clients.
- Never give up on the ethics of your SEO business for money. Set a list of rules for your company and stick to that rule closer as much as you can. Never spam to cheat the search engine to give quick results to your clients. It’s not going to be long before your dreams burn to ashes.
How much can we earn starting SEO business:
- The Search engine optimization that comes under digital marketing category is a highly profitable business if done properly. Even novice could make some double-digit income within a month.
- So, how much can we earn from the SEO business? There is no proper answer to this question. However, the beginners can make somewhere from $100 to $1000 per month, the intermediate can make $500 to $5000, the real business with a number of potential clients can make $5000 to millions of dollars.
- The internet is growing with users, search engines are improving their algorithm each day. So, make sure that you’re updated with the latest digital marketing techniques to deliver results. Techniques that worked in the past decade no more works. So, be updated to sustain in the SEO world.
Refer monetization – Best ad networks with high CPC.
Hope now you would have got an idea about starting an SEO business to work at home and to start a local SEO business.