I’m a teacher and can I earn money online by teaching in spare time? Yes, you can earn money online for teaching just by sitting at home. Since the technology development, online teaching has become very simple and effective than ever. Unlike going to a regular job you can earn more cash on the hourly basis by working on convenient hours. Teaching is a profession where everybody cannot teach people. Though there are plenty of availability online teaching jobs even for freshers, you need some experience to start your online teaching career with ease.
Types of online teaching job:
- This is the most common type of online teaching work found on various sources. In this job, the teacher has to teach or train an individual.
- Mostly this teaching work will be about language training to the learner, Music training, virtual web designing classes, online cooking lesson, online tuition for school students, special training for college students are the few examples for this job.
- This job can be easily done from home using a laptop and ear phone. These jobs can be easily found on lots of freelance marketplaces available on the internet.
- The virtual classroom is the place where a person will take the seminar / teach lessons to the group of individuals/students from a class room setup or from home through webcam/video recorder. On the other side, the students/individuals will be able to listen to the training via projector screen and speakers.
- This type of job is opened for only highly qualified professionals with years of experience and qualification. These jobs can be obtained via freelance sites or online tutor websites.
How to get an online teaching job:
There are various sources to search online teaching job,
1. Become an online language Tutor on Preply:
- If you’re fluent in English and communication is one of your strong suits, you can become an online English tutor on Preply and make up to $20/hr. Preply is an online platform that helps connects students & tutors from across the world.
- If you’re not comfortable teaching English, worry not. Preply also offers tutors for many Global languages as well as subjects like History, Algebra, Acting & Music.
Click here to start the teaching career at
2. Freelance marketplace:
- Freelance marketplace is the best source to get an online teaching job even for a person without any experience.
- To get a job go to a freelance site and search the site for the job using the search box. The freelance site will display available jobs in the teaching field.
- Browse the jobs listed to find the best work for which you are qualified and eligible. Click on the job to find more details about the job like requirements, salary etc.
- To ease your searching work use the filter provided by them. Set your experience level, timing, salary, job type etc to find the job that is posted for you.
- After finding a job, post your proposal. Let the client verify your profile and hire you. You can choose Fiverr for short time teaching job (Example: One-hour basic web designing tutorial).
3. Online tutor websites:
- If you wish to get a long time professional teaching job hired for salary, online teaching websites are the best option.
- To get a teaching job via these websites you should sign up and complete your profile.
- Or you might be asked to send a resume via email. Take basic tests and assessments if you’re asked to and wait for a professional to contact you.
- You might have to take part in an online interview and telephone interview. After careful review, you might get hired.
- The salary offered here will be several times higher compared to the freelance jobs.
4. Local job search:
- You can get a virtual teaching job directly through walk in. Search in local directories, classifieds ads, news paper to find these jobs located in nearby places.
- The advantage of searching a job in local as you will be paid in local currency.
- After getting hired you can work from home using PC and required devices.
Requirements for an online teaching job:
- To teach online you should have a PC, with high-speed internet connection, a high-quality head set with mic. You can use a laptop which has inbuilt features.
- Your house should have silent setup to teach.
- Most of the job requires qualified professionals with bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or Ph.D.
- You should have high-level teaching skills, with the ability to handle students virtually.
- Most of the company hire only experienced professionals. Usually, expect online tutors to be special as they spend more money to learn.
Estimated earnings – $5 to $500/hour on average. Professionals and scientist can expect more.
Prepare yourself before you involve:
- If you think that you aren’t ready to start the online teaching career, you can get trained to become an online tutor.
- There are plenty of free and paid source to get online tutor training of which online tutor training could help you for free. In online tutor training, you can make a self-study and get ready to become an online teacher to earn hundreds of dollars from home.
Click here to find online teaching jobs – Snagajob.
Tags: Online tutor job, How to earn by teaching on the internet, Virtual teaching work from home.