If you are looking to make money from home on the internet, my first recommendation would ask you to start a blog, a reliable way to earn money. A blog is like a money-making machine that will generate income for years if it is properly optimized. Building a blog is like building a car. After building a car, it can be driven on the road and then all we need to do is perform regular maintenance to make it run continuously with no problem.
Similarly, it takes some time to build a blog, which is a tedious process for beginners. Once the basement is made strong, you’re all set to go. This article explains everything about how to make money blogging for beginners.
What is a Blog?
A blog is a website/web page(s) which is a source of information about a topic/event maintained by a person, or a group of people or a company. The person who maintains the blog is called as the blogger. The bloggers will regularly write articles/update their blog with new content. Most of the blogs are free to the visitors, few charge fees to use the content and very few blogs are locked for private usage.
What is Blogging?
Blogging is the process of maintaining a blog by writing articles, adding videos, photos, infographics, etc. to the blog. Also, it includes designing the web page(s) on which the content appears.
How to Make Money Blogging for Beginners:
Many bloggers use their blog(s) to make money in different ways. The primary and preferred way to earn money is by installing CPC ads on the blog. Google Adsense is one of the reliable CPC ad networks which is used by most of the bloggers to make money. Experienced bloggers will go step ahead to do affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketers make money by giving sales, generating leads.
Recommended article – Affiliate marketing for beginners.
Blogging for Beginners to Make Money:
Requirements to Start a Blog:
While blogging is the best way to generate passive income, not everyone is fit to start a blog. These are some of the basic requirements for starting your own blog.
- What will be the blog about? The first requirement to start a blog is the topic about which you’re going to write about. You must have at least some knowledge of the topic to start the blog.
- A good blogger should have eloquent language skills.
- Basics of HTML & CSS (which you can learn as you go).
- Patience. It might take several months to a year to see improvement. Being a beginner, you must have the urge to learn things.
- Free Hosting or paid Hosting to host the blog.
Choosing the Niche:
- Choosing the topic about which you’re going to write about/add content is what going to determine the success.
- Analyze yourself if you have a special interest in any topic. For example, it can be about bikes, fashion, education, technology, smartphones, fitness. If not, you can search for the topic on the internet to write about. Choose the only topic which you can at least manage.
- After choosing the niche, go to Google to search the blogs related to your topic. Learn what they did, their presentation, etc. This could give you the base idea to start a blog.
- Never try to copy another blog exactly or part of the blog which is against the policies of many search engines.
Basics of Blogging for Beginners:
The search phrase or word(s) used for the search is called the keyword(s). The bloggers must find the highest searched keywords and write articles about them to rank their blog in the search engine(s). When someone searches the keyword, the ranked blog might receive free traffic from the search engine.
Search engine optimization – In the keywords section, I’ve said that search engines are the major source of traffic. In order to rank our website in the search engine, we must optimize the website for search engines. This includes the on-page and off-page search engine optimization. Optimizing the content, meta content, design, and other on-page factors is called on-page search engine optimization.
Building authority, marketing the content, creating brand awareness is part of off-page search engine optimization. The perfect combination of on-page and off-page optimization will help us rank the blog on the search engines.
Related article – How to start SEO business from home.
Internet Marketing – Internet marketing is one of the most used phrases when it comes to online business. Internet marketing is a vast topic. The bloggers should concentrate on marketing techniques to increase leads, sales, conversions and to increase brand awareness.
How to Start a Brand New Blog:
1. Choose a Domain Name for the Blog:
- If you’ve decided to start a blog, the first thing you’ve to do is choose a domain name. Choosing the domain name is an art. The domain name is the most important factor that determines success.
- First, choose the extension of the domain name based on your business. If you’re going to target a single country, go with country-based extension (.fr, .co.uk, .in, .es, .de) or go for the universal extension (.com, .org, .net). The most preferred extension is .com.
- The domain name is the name that comes in front of the dot extension. Choose a branded domain name instead of going for a generic one. Example: Facebook.com is a branded domain and socialmedia.com is a generic domain.
2. Hosting the Blog:
- After choosing a domain name for your blog, it’s now the time to host your new blog on a platform. WordPress is the best, user-friendly platform preferred by the bloggers to host their websites. WordPress is free and open-source. All you need is to purchase hosting to install it and start blogging.
- Choosing the best hosting is really important which should have features like maximum uptime, unlimited storage*, account management, cPanel, etc. One of the top hosting companies in the world is the Godaddy where the plan price is fairly cheap and they never compromise on the quality.
- Being a beginner, you might feel complex to download and install WordPress. Godaddy will automatically do it for you when you purchase hosting. When the purchase is complete, you can directly enter the WordPress dashboard and start the work right away.
- WordPress’s basic theme should be replaced with a professional theme. Go to MyThemeShop to get a theme for the cheaper price.
- Go to the posts section on WordPress and start writing the article(s) from the first day. There are several guides available on the internet to help you learn about the WordPress basics.
Reasons why it might take up to several months to achieve the Blogging goal?
- Blogging is one of the most competitive online business in the online industry. So, as a beginner to come out like a blooming flower, it might take up to several months.
- Many newbies were trying to spam the internet for decades. Search engines have strict spam control which will not allow the new blogs to rank unless there have quality and authority.
- So this is the main reason why it might take several months to a few years to see success in blogging career.
- If you’re looking to get rich quickly or if you can’t work hard, then blogging might not be a good option for you. You can go with other best ways to make money online without technical skills.
What’s Next? How to earn money from a blog with affiliate marketing.
1 thought on “How to Make Money Blogging for Beginners – Start your own Blog”
Good work God bless you!!!