Elance is one of the genuine old freelance sites where you can hire workers as a client or work as a freelancer in part time or full time. Elance is currently under the management of Upwork™ – the collaboration of Odesk and Elance. Very soon elance will be completely merged with upwork™ to provide the best experience in the online market.
Note – Elance and Odesk merged to become a new brand Upwork, for updated information check out – Upwork Review.
Types of Jobs you can find on Elance:
Elance is one of the best places to show your skills.
These are the main categories you can find a client to work for them part-time. Programming, app development, SEO, web development, design & multimedia like photoshop editing, writing, translation, office & administrative works, sales & marketing, engineering & architecture like AutoCAD, finance, legal, project management, cryptocurrency, etc.
Various freelance jobs are posted from hourly payments to a yearly contract.
You can find a variety of jobs posted in Elance freelance marketplaces. Get the best job that matches your skills and requirements to make the most out of Elance.
You might like this – Scarlet clicks review.
How to Find a Freelance Job in Elance:
- After joining create your profile on Elance.
- The main thing is you’ve to upload your photo. Look at the tip given in the picture ‘Research shows that a profile with good picture mostly gets hired’. Do not use group photos.
- Elance allows a group of members to work as a company. For this type upload your company logo.
- It is recommended to set your tagline though it is optional.
- Give an overview of you, your field, education, etc. It should be professional and good that it should impress your clients.
- Set the hourly rate if you wish. You should set at least a minimum of $3.
- Now basic profile creation is completed. You can move forward to proceed to find a freelance job.
Learn more – Get paid review.
Tell them about your Skills:
- Add your skills to your profile. Pre-loaded, mostly used skills will be displayed on the right side of the page. You can select from them or browse by clicking all the skills.
- In the next step, you have to select the subcategory of your skill.
- 100% make sure you select the right category. If you list yourself in the wrong category, hiring chances will become zero.
You may like – Email reading jobs.
Creating and Linking Portfolio to Elance:
- Try to attach a portfolio in your profile. The portfolio will show your professionalism and ability.
- For example: If you’re a photoshop designer attach your masterpiece work or link it to your website.
Searching for a Job on Elance:
- Click find work > search jobs in the menu bar. Lots of available jobs will be listed in mixed format as shown below.
- Most jobs will be listed related to your skill. If you can’t find the specific one you can use the search box.
- Once you find the right job, click on the title to know more about that particular job.
- Carefully read the client’s requirements before you choose the job. Some clients will prefer workers from only a certain location.
- If you think you’re the right one for that job, create a proposal with description and portfolio samples related to that job.
- After submission wait for the approval. Once approved you will receive a message with instructions through mail and site inbox.
Recommended article – Neobux review.
Reach Higher level on Elance Rankings:
- Elance ranks its members. Try to earn more points and good client reviews to reach a higher rank.
- Higher your rank is your profile might appear on the first page of the search when clients search for workers.
- To earn more clients should approach you for the rate you’ve fixed.