If you looking to make money from home on the internet, I will tell you starting a blog is the best, reliable way to earn money. A blog is like a money making machine that will generate income for years if it is properly optimized. Building a blog is like building a car. After building a car it can be driven on the road and then all we need to do is perform regular maintenance to make it run continuously without any problem. Similarly, it takes some time to build a blog which is a tedious process for beginners. Once the basement is made strong you're all set to go. This article explains everything about blogging that a beginner should learn.
What is a blog?
A blog is a website/web page(s) which is a source of information about a topic/event maintained by a person, or a group of people or a company. The person who maintains the blog is called as the blogger. The bloggers will regularly write articles/update their blog with new content. Most of the blogs are free to the visitors, few charge fees to use the content and very few blogs are locked for private use.
What is blogging?
The blogging is the process of maintaining a blog by writing articles, adding videos, photos, infographics, etc. to the blog. Also, it includes designing the web page(s) on which the content appear.
How to make money blogging for beginners:
Many bloggers use their blog(s) to make money in different ways. The primary and preferred way to earn money is by installing CPC ads on the blog. Google Adsense one of the most reliable CPC ad networks which is used by the majority of the bloggers to make money. Experienced bloggers will go step ahead to do affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketers make money by giving sales, generating leads.
Blogging for Beginners:
Requirements to start a blog:
While blogging is the best way to generate passive income, not everyone are fit to start a blog. These are some of the basic requirements for starting your own blog.
- What will be the blog about? The first requirement to start a blog is the topic about which you're going to write about. You must have at least some knowledge on the topic to start the blog.
- A good blogger should have eloquent language skills.
- Basics of HTML & CSS (which you can learn as you go).
- Patience. It might take several months to a year to see improvement. Being a beginner, you must have the urge to learn things.
- Free hosting or paid hosting to host the blog.
Choosing the blog topic/niche:
- Choosing the topic about which you're going to write about/add content is the what going to determine the success.
- Analyze yourself if you have the special interest in any topic. For example, it can be about bikes, fashion, education, technology, smartphones. If not you can search for the topic on the internet to write about. Choose the only topic which you can at least manage.
- After choosing the niche, go to the Google to search the blogs related to your topic. Learn what they did, their presentation etc. This could give you the base idea to start a blog.
- Never try to copy another blog exactly or part of the blog which is against the policies of many search engines.
Basics of blogging:
These are some of the basics of blogging explained in brief that a beginner should be aware of,
Keywords - The search engines are the blood line of the internet. People search for information online only using the search engines like Google, Bing, etc. They will click on the search results to go to a website to learn more about what they're searching for. These are called as organic traffic which is very valuable compared to any other traffic source. As a blogger we must analyze how people search on the internet to get information. The search phrase or word(s) used for the search is called as the keyword(s). The bloggers must find the highest searched keywords and write articles about them to rank their blog in the search engine(s). When someone searches the keyword, the ranked blog might get free traffic from the search engine.
Search engine optimization - In the keywords section, I've said that search engines are the main source of traffic. In order to rank our website in the search engine, we must optimize the website for the search engines. This includes the onpage and off page search engine optimization. Optimizing the content, meta content, design and other on page factors are called as on page search engine optimization. Building authority, marketing the content, creating brand awareness are the part of off page search engine optimization. The perfect combination of on page and off page optimization will help us to rank the blog on the search engines.
Internet Marketing - Internet marketing is one of the most used phrases when it comes to the online business. Internet marketing is a vast topic. The bloggers should concentrate on marketing techniques to increase the leads, sales, conversions and to increase the brand awareness.
How to start your own blog:
1. Choosing the domain name:
- If you've decided to start a blog, the first thing you've to do is choose a domain name. Choosing the domain name is an art. The domain name is the most important factor that determines the success.
- First, choose the extension of the domain name based on your business. If you're going to target a single country go with country based extension (.fr, .co.uk, .in, ,es, .de) or go for the universal extension (.com, .org, .net).
- The domain name is the name that comes in front of the dot extension. Choose a branded domain name instead of going for generic one. Example: Facebook.com is a branded domain and socialmedia.com is a generic domain.
2. Hosting the blog:
- After choosing a domain name for your blog, its now the time to host your new blog on a platform. Wordpress is the best, user-friendly platform preferred by the bloggers to host their websites. Wordpress is the free and open source. All you need is to purchase hosting to install it and start blogging.
- Choosing the best hosting is really important which should have features like maximum uptime, unlimited storage*, account management, cPanel etc. One of the top hosting company in the world is the InMotion hosting where the plan price are fairly cheap and they never compromise on the quality. Inmotion includes a free domain name when you make a purchase.
- Being a beginner you might feel complex to download and install WordPress. InMotion will automatically do it for you when you purchase hosting. When the purchase is complete you can directly enter the Wordpress dashboard and start the work right away.
- The WordPress basic theme should be replaced with a professional theme. Go to Mythemeshop to get a theme for the cheaper price.
- Go to the posts section on the WordPress and start writing the article(s) from the first day. There are several guides available on the internet to help you to learn about the WordPress basics.
Why it might take up to several months to achieve the goal?
- Blogging is one of the most competitive online business in the online industry. So, as a beginner to come out as a blooming flower it might take up to several months.
- Many newbies were trying to spam the internet for decades. Search engines have strict spam control which will not allow the new blogs to rank unless there have quality and authority.
- So this is the main reasons why it might take several months to few years to see success in blogging career.
- If you're looking to get rich quickly or if you can't work hard then blogging might not be a good option for you. You can go with other best ways to make money online.