Elance is one of the genuine old freelance site where you can hire workers as a client or work as a freelancer in your free time or full time. Elance is currently under the management of Upwork™ - the collaboration of odesk and elance. Very soon elance will be completely merged with upwork™ to provide a best experience in online market.
WHAT TYPES OF JOBS YOU CAN FIND?
- Elance is one of the best place to show your talent.
- These are the main categories you can find a client to work for them in part time. Programming, app development, SEO, web development, design & multimedia like photoshop editing, writing, translation, office & administrative works, sales & marketing, engineering & architecture like autocad, finance, legal, project management etc.
- Various freelance jobs are posted from hourly payment to yearly contract.
- You can find variety of job posted in elance. Get a best job that matches your talent and need.
HOW TO GET A FREELANCE JOB IN ELANCE:
- After joining create your profile.
- The main thing is you've to upload your photo. Look at the tip given in the picture 'Research shows that a profile with good picture mostly get hired'. Do not use group photos.
- Elance allows group of members to work as a company. For this type upload your company logo.
- Its recommended to set your tagline though it is optional.
- Give an overview about you, your field, education etc. It should be professional and good that it should impress your clients.
- Set the hourly rate if you wish. You should set at least minimum $3.
- Now basic profile creation is completed.
Tell them about your skills:
- Add your skills in your profile. Pre-loaded, mostly used skills will be displayed on the right side of the page. You can select from them or browse by clicking all skills.
- In next step you have to select sub category of your skill.
- 100% make sure you select the right category. If you list yourself in wrong category, hiring chances will become zero.
- Try to attach portfolio in your profile. Portfolio will show your professionalism and ablility.
- For example : If you're a photoshop designer attach your masterpiece work or link it to your website.
Search for a job:
- Click find work > search jobs in the menu bar. Lots of available jobs will be listed in mixed format as shown below.
- Mostly jobs will be listed related to your skill. If you can't find the specific one you can use the search box.
- Once you find a right job, click on the title to know more about that particular job.
- Carefully read the clients requirements before you choose the job. Some clients will prefer workers from only certain location.
- If you think you're the right one for that job, create proposal with description and portfolio samples related to that job.
- After submission wait for the approval. Once approved you will receive a message with instructions through mail and site inbox.
Reach higher level:
- Elance ranks their members. Try to earn more points and good client reviews to reach higher rank.
- Higher your rank is your profile might appear in first page of the search when clients search for workers.
- To earn more clients should approach you for the rate you've fixed.
- Payments are processed through Paypal payment processor.
Join now - Elance.